My beauty regimen can be described in one word, routine. I typically use the same products over and over. When I find something that works then I use it until it no longer works. I’m pretty anal about it too.
Over the last few years I’ve tried many products to perfect my routine. Most importantly I wanted to eliminate the unhealthy ingredients and I worked hard to keep it as natural as possible. I’m not quite where I want to be but I’m well on my way. Living a healthy life is not only about eating healthy but also about using healthy products on your body, so check out my list below.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – I use EVOO daily and all over my body. I have kicked lotion to the curb and I only use it on my hands. Well that’s unless I want to get all fancy for an outing on the town then I make an exception. However, I also use it on my hair. This is the only thing I put on my hair except for shampoo and conditioner. Easy breezy.
- Pantene Pro-V Relaxed & Natural for Women of Color – I found this shampoo by accident. I received a coupon for a free bottle and decided to try it. I’ve been hooked ever since. Even when I tried to go back to my old brand my hair was like, NO!
- Organic Argan & Raw Shea Butter Soap – I am in love with this soap! I first picked it up at Target and have been hooked ever since. They do sell other shea mixtures but I love this one. Please know that if you use white towels then the orange will create a stain. It’s worth it to me though.
- Burt’s Bees Sensitive Skin Facial Wash & Moisturizer – I received this product as apart of a Bzz Campaign. I was already a BB lip balm girl but hadn’t tried any other of their products. I am loving this. Currently I’m using it along with the Makari serum to help with my dark spots.
- Burt’s Bees Lip Balm – I used to be a Carmex girl until Burt and I met. I have about 20 tubes around the house in various spots. I suffer from dry lips and this keeps my lips pretty, smooth and kissable.
Well Spinkies, that’s my short-list of must-haves.
What’s on your list? How do you perfect your beauty regimen?