Sports, oh how I love thee! There’s something about watching athletes compete that gets me all excited. But the excitement isn’t complete without quick and tasty food.
Thanks to Del Monte, I’m trying out the new Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes. I wanted something quick and tasty that everyone would be sure to love.
For Super Bowl XLVII, we cooked up some spicy southwestern pasta salad. I’m usually no big fan of southwestern dishes but I decided to try this one out and it was delish. It was quick to make and super yummy!
- 1 package thin spaghetti
- 1 can whole kernel corn – drain
- 1 can black beans – rinse & drain
- 1 can Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsps Cajun seasoning
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add a dash of olive oil & a pinch of salt.
- Prepare spaghetti as directed on the package.
- After spaghetti is done, drain and rinse in cool water. Do not let soak in cold water, just rinse quickly.
- Place spaghetti in a large mixing bowl.
- Add Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes, black beans, corn, and Cajun seasoning to bowl with spaghetti and combine.
- Set spaghetti aside.
- Place heavy cream in a small pan and whisk while adding grated Parmesan cheese until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture over pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Serve and eat, chilled or warm.
It took us about 20 minutes to prepare this meal. Go ahead, lick the screen.
But seriously, I love Del Monte diced tomatoes in my dishes because they always taste fresh. According to Del Monte, their products are picked when at their ripest and are canned the same day. Now that’s fresh!
In addition, to the two new flavors of diced tomatoes Del Monte has unleashed, they also have a Pinterest themed sweepstakes going on! You can win over $5K in prizes.
Just head over to their site and check out the sweepstakes here. You will get all the deets there. Also make sure you follow them on Pinterest for fun food ideas for the upcoming games. I can’t wait for March Madness!
One more thing. Enter to win your very own Del Monte gift pack! It includes:
- 1) Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- (1) Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies
- $25 Visa gift card
Disclosure: Products were provided by Del Monte to facilitate this recipe. All opinions are my own.