The season for giving is here… I mean the season for shopping is here! You have to shop to give, right? Hush, you crafty and artsy do-it-yourselfer! Like most of you, I absolutely love shopping and can’t wait for Cyber Monday Sales. I hate the in-store crowds… crowds… Jesus be a fence and take the wheel, please.
But seriously, I hate in-store shopping during the holiday. It seems that many people forget the reason for the season and focus more on the stuff that they are purchasing. I prefer to put my time and energy into the Cyber Monday sales. It allows me to miss the crowds, enjoy the experience of shopping from the comfort of my bed (with my laptop and iPhone) and get all the things I’ve put on my list. Despite of the 2013 government shutdown, economists are predicting that shoppers will turn out in great numbers to take advantage of holiday sales this season. More so, reports show that in 2012 consumers spent more than $59 billion over the Thanksgiving weekend alone.
Now, just like anything else there is an art to this Cyber Monday thing. You have to go in with a plan and you must work that plan to perfection if you’re going to get everything you want and need. No shortcuts or excuses. No bitching or moaning. Cyber Monday is not for punks. Man/Woman up, plan your work and work your plan!
So before you tackle those cyber crowds on Cyber Monday, here are my 7 sure-fire ways to turn your Cyber Monday shopping trip into a success:
- Make a list. Take a few hours to sit back and make a list of all the people you’ll get gifts for this holiday season. Take special note of the things they like so your gift will be extra special. Don’t forget to make a list of all the things you want or need as well.
- Track the Deals. Check out the online circulars that are generating for Cyber Monday. Also be sure to check out couponing blogs, I’m sure they’ll have plenty of upcoming deals posted.
- Compare Prices. Don’t go with the first deal you find. Look around for the cheapest price including shipping.
- Find Coupon Codes. Head over to Coupons.com for up-to-date coupon codes to save even more money.
- Seek Free Shipping. Look for free shipping when shopping, always. You can usually find a coupon code. Remember, to calculate the price of the item including shipping to make sure you’re getting the best deal possible.
- Know the Policies. Familiarize yourself with the policies for return and price matching. It is best to know these if you need a return or if you find a cheaper price. Instead of repurchasing the item, the vendor may just pay you the difference.
- Shop ‘Til you Drop. Shop until your heart is content but don’t break the bank or make unnecessary bills. Trust me when I say your family will still love you even if you don’t buy them the largest and fanciest gifts around.
These are my tips for tackling Cyber Monday and getting the most out of Cyber Monday sales. Feel free to drop any of your tips below.
Before you leave, be sure to enter our giveaway below. It is for a $100 Amazon e-gift card. Good luck and may the odds forever be in your favor. Get another chance to win big by also entering the Cyber Monday Sweepstakes hosted on Coupons.com and see how you can win a $500 shopping spree!